Morgan and Kostiuk in treble-scoring form for Harbury in Challenge Cup

Jay Morgan and Ed Kostiuk both bagged hat-tricks as Harbury Albion eased past fellow top-flight side Murphys Bar in the Unison Challenge Cup.

Thursday, 2nd March 2017, 11:17 am
Updated Friday, 24th March 2017, 11:12 am
Paul Wilkinson got Radford Semele on level terms at Warwick Wanderers.

Christopher Harris and Jack Sidgwick were also on target in the 8-0 fourth-round win.

Two goals from Sion Humphries helped Radford Albion to a 4-0 win over Leamington FC Vets in the second round of the Cancer Cup. Andy Ward and Daniel Riley completed the scoring.

Foresters Arms sprung something of a shock in the preliminary round of the Cancer Supplementary Cup with Joe Fisher scoring a second-half hat-trick as they beat Division Two side HRI Wellesbourne 4-2.

Sam Mitchell scored twice for HRI, with Matt Willoughby also notching for the Division Three outfit.

In the first round, a Jake Nash goal was enough to see Wolseley UK through at the expense of visitors Ettington Rovers.

In an all-Division One clash, goals from Suki Nijjar (2) and Luke Evans gave Khalsa a 3-0 success at Mid-Warwickshire Police.

Radford Semele climbed above Warwick Wanderers and into third in Division One after beating their rivals 5-1.

Jack Rees opened the scoring for Wanderers in the sixth minute and it took Radford Semele half an hour to get back on terms, Paul Wilkinson with the equaliser.

The fixture was quickly turned on its head when Mark Anderson put the visitors ahead less than 60 seconds later and second-half goals from Anderson, Jamie Duffy and Matthew Bulkham wrapped up the points for Radford.

Bishops Itchington eased their drop fears with a 2-0 win at rock-bottom Wellesbourne, Johnny Adair and Joshua Turton with the goals.

Adam Notley scored twice as Division Three leaders AFC Warwick claimed a 4-2 success at Real Barston.

Alex Sharp and Salvatore Mannina were also on target for the visitors, with James Dowey getting both the Barston replies.

Liberal Club C climbed above visitors Grist Mill into fourth place after Eric Yung scored the only goal of the game.

Lillington Juniors moved four points clear at the top of Division Four courtesy of a 3-1 win at Whitnash United, Jordan O’Keefe, Ashley Reynolds and Tarik El Hage doing the damage.

Athletico Murphy’s lost ground after going down 2-1 to Hampton Magna, who did their promotion hopes the world of good in the process.

Jamie Barnes had given Athletico a 25th-minute lead but two goals in ten second-half minutes from Gavin Fraser and Ashley Turnbull earned Magna the points.

With HRI Wellesbourne Reserves and Stockton Reserves going into their fixture locked together on 18 points it was perhaps no surprise that the two teams could not be split.

Hardip Sodhi’s first-half hat-trick put HRI in control but second-half strikes from George Warrilow (2) and John Ahearne ensured the points were shared.

James Campion scored the only goal of the game as Kineton S&SC climbed above hosts Long Itchington.