Update: Here's why emergency services were called to a street in Kenilworth
Officers and firefighters were called out earlier today (Saturday April 10)
Emergency services were called to an incident in Kenilworth.
Warwickshire Police and Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service both attended an incident in Birches Lane.
Both have said that the incident affected power supply to properties in the area.
At around 2.30pm Warwickshire Police issued an update to the incident.and said it involved smoke coming from a manhole.
A spokesperson said: "We’ve now left the scene at Birches Lane, Kenilworth.
"Emergency services were called shortly after 9am this morning to reports of smoke coming from a manhole.
"There were no reported injuries.
"The road has now partially reopened and work is being undertaken by the relevant utility agencies to restore power in the area."
A spokesperson from Kenilworth Fire Station said: "Just after 9am on Saturday morning fire control received multiple calls to reports of an underground electrical junction box on fire on Birches Lane.
"We were in attendance within 7 minutes of the first call.
"On our arrival the junction box was well alight. With the assistance of Warwickshire Police the road was closed in both directions.
"Crews stood by and awaited the arrival of Western Power to isolate the electricity supply so that the fire could be extinguished. Due to the proximity of a nearby underground gas pipe Cadent gas engineers were also on site.
"Once the electricity had been isolated we use carbon dioxide extinguishers and a hose reel to extinguish the fire.
"Cadent gas confirmed that there was no gas leak at the incident.
"We awaited the arrival of the excavation team to ensure there had been no fire spread.
"We returned to station just after 12:30pm."