Boy, 13, arrested after pupils held up at knifepoint in Kenilworth
A 13-year-old boy has been arrested after several pupils were held up at knifepoint in two separate incidents in Kenilworth last week.
Police said a male with a knife threatened two pupils on Leyes Lane at 8am on Thursday November 8, and demanded they hand over their valuables.
They went on to say that two more pupils were threatened by a male with a knife at the St Johns bus stop on Warwick Road. They were also asked to hand over valuables.
The victims were pupils at Kenilworth School and Princethorpe College.
Later the same day a 13-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of robbery and attempted robbery. He has since been released under police bail while the investigation continues.
Following the incidents, police are increasing patrols in the area to reassure residents.
Today (Monday November 12), Kenilworth School sent out a message to parents and guardians informing them about the first incident. The school also claimed the boy arrested was not a pupil there.
It read: "We are providing support to the two students from this school who were involved and we will remain vigilant whilst on duty outside of school."
And Princethorpe College's headmaster Ed Hester said: "Four of our pupils were involved in a concerning incident while waiting for one of our school buses in Kenilworth on Thursday November 8. The pupils were approached by a youth whose intent was to steal from them.
"Thankfully, all the pupils were unhurt, safely boarded the bus and arrived safely at school. The police responded very quickly, interviewed the pupils at school and commended them for the way they behaved.
"The safety of our pupils is of paramount importance to us all and we are talking to pupils once again about common-sense ways to keep safe."
Anyone who has any information about these robberies should call Warwickshire Police on 101, quoting incident number 70 of Thursday November 8.