Kevin’s tribute to roots of tennis

A fragment of the tennis champions' picture
A fragment of the tennis champions' picture

Fine artist Kevin Alun Parrish has donated a series of framed prints of Wimbledon Ladies’ Singles champions to Leamington Lawn Tennis and Squash Club in Guys Cliffe Road.

The local artist wanted to pay tribute to the club, originally founded in Avenue Road in 1872, six years before Wimbledon opened.

The champions pictured include Virginia Wade, Ann Haydon Jones, Angela Mortimer, Dorothy Round Little and Kitty McKane Godfree.

Ann Haydon jones actually visited the club to open its new premises in Guys Cliffe Road.

To see Kevin’s website visit http://wwwkevinparrish.co.uk