Leamington resident suffers from smoke inhalation after flat fire

Fire & Rescue
Fire & Rescue

A Leamington resident was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a third-floor flat in Leam Terrace this morning (Tuesday February 16).

A call came into Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service from the occupier at around 9.50am. When crews arrived, they discovered the lounge was on fire.

The firefighters saw one person was suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation and called an ambulance.

Crews took around an hour to put the fire out, and a specialist fan was used to expel the smoke from the flat.