Firefighters issue advice after call out to fire in Burton Green believed to be started by cigarette

Firefighters have issued advice after being called out to a fire in Burton Green that is believed to have been started by a cigarette.

At around 2.30pm this afternoon (Tuesday) firefighters from Kenilworth were sent out to reports of a house fire in Red Lane in Burton Green along with a crew from Leamington Fire Station.

When the crews arrived they found trees on fire next to the house.

A hose reel was used to extinguish the fire. The house was not affected.

In a post on the Kenilworth Fire Station Facebook Page it says "It is believed the fire was caused by a carelessly discarded cigarette.

"Make sure you fully extinguish cigarettes before disposing of them.

West Sussex Fire

West Sussex Fire

"Had the fire not been seen when it was the house would have also been involved."