The final building standing in the way of Kenilworth’s new station will be demolished next week in the latest step to return rail services to town.
Work to clear the site off Priory Road began in February when Warwickshire County Council took over the land in the £12million project.
Four of the five buildings on the land have since been pulled down.
The last-standing building - the former Buildbase shop - will now be knocked down in the final part of the clearance to make way for the next phase of construction.
As a result, the railway bridge footpath linking Farmer Ward Road and Priory Road will be closed off to pedestrians for 20 days from April 7.
A council spokesman said: “Warwickshire County Council has been granted permission to close the footpath for these works to ensure the safety of pedestrians and apologises for any inconvenience caused.
“The footpath will re-open as soon as it is safe to do so and the aim is to keep disruption to a minimum.”
A diversion map is at the site, and online here
The station should open to passengers in December 2016.
The new building will include two stained glass windows and a ‘Kenilworth’ sign from the original station, which were saved by residents during its demolition in the 1980s.
The footpath will re-open as soon as it is safe to do so and the aim is to keep disruption to a minimumWarwickshire County Council
Designers are working on incorporating them in the new station design.
The station was operational from 1844 to 1965 and plans to restore the it have been ongoing for over a decade.
Warwickshire Council was successful in a £5million grant from the Government to make the move possible.