Foodie Fortnight to return bigger and better

editorial image
0
Have your say

Kenilworth’s finest food and drink will once again be shown off by proud chefs with the return of Foodie Fortnight later this summer.

Organisers are putting the finishing touches to the latest annual event, which will return with a culinary market to pull in food lovers for two weeks in September.

The celebration will include food demonstrations, entertainment and promotions - starting with the Talisman Square market on September 12.

Calling for food lovers across Kenilworth to come out and support them in their fourth year, the committee is promising a food and drink fair, quizzes, whisky tasting and a British tapas night - as well as the usual offers and discounts.

Morris Bond, chair of the committee, said it will all come together to once again, secure Kenilworth’s reputation for fine dining.

He said: “We are delighted that so many businesses will be taking part in Foodie Fortnight this year. 

“We have got some fantastic offers and promotions and are sure that Kenilworth residents and visitors will enjoy taking part in.”

As well as the opening market, a traditional high tea will be held in the parochial church hall in High Street on September 19.

The event was launched by Warwick District Council’s town centre manager as a way of pulling in visitors from across the district to make the most of the range of eateries in the town.

Paul Garrison, now in the role, said: “By shopping, eating and drinking locally, residents are supporting our business owners who help to make Kenilworth such a great town to live, work and visit.”

Each year, business-sponsored booklets are handed out offering discounts and offers.

The committee has so far been given a grant of up to £5,000 from Kenilworth Town Council to cover printing costs for booklets and hangers to spread the word.

Leaflets will be distributed to houses later this month.