Family fled to safety after kitchen fire

Fire
Fire
0
Have your say

A Warwick family had a lucky escape after fleeing their home just in time when a fire broke out in the kitchen.

Fire crews rushed to Spring Pool just after 10am on Monday after reports of flames were made by a woman who managed to get out of the house with her daughter to call for help.

Thanks to the quick exit, nobody was hurt and flames were quickly extinguished by fire crews - despite leaving smoke damage to the kitchen.

A spokesperson from Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire is thought to have started when the electric cooker hob was accidentally turned on whilst a plastic kettle was still on top.

Moreno Francioso, community fire prevention manager described the events as a real example of smoke alarms saving lives.

He said: “The smoke alarm gave the family the early detection they needed, so they were able to get out of the property.

“Without the smoke detectors this incident could have been much more serious.

“The message for everyone is simple - make sure you having working smoke detectors fitted in your home and if you are alerted to a fire, get out, stay out and call 999.”