Bedroom fire at Kenilworth home

Fire.
Fire.
0
Have your say

Fire crews were called out to Ilam Park on Wednesday after a blaze broke out in the upstairs of a house.

Fire engines from Leamington and Kenilworth arrived on scene around 4pm to find the family at the home.

They spent around 45 minutes extinguishing the flames and making the area safe, and no-one is thought to have been harmed in the incident.

Neighbours later reported seeing charred bed clothes and a mattress outside the property.

A spokesperson from the fire service said: “The incident involved a domestic property with a fire on the first floor.

“Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.

“Crews were committed for approximately 45 minutes.”